Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Turkey day in Perú

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I'm sad to miss family, my favorite meal of the year, napping by the fire & football but yet I have a lotttt to be thankful for!!

While tomorrow will most likely consist of pounding out some work (hoping I don't get too distracted) and going to an extended class (joy), our program director has organized for us to have a pot luck thanksgiving dinner. It's a cool gesture but no turkey or meal will ever be as delicious as my dad's cooking. no lie. But I'm excited nonetheless, mostly just because I know I'll get to eat vegetables (something peruvians don't seem to value) and pumpkin pie! I'm preparing a pear & pecan salad with blue cheese and balsamic vinagarette (YUMMM!!!!).

Anyways.. today I ate for lunch potatoes, hard boiledd egg, rice, and some kind of puree. a plate of all WHITE unbalanced food. it's good food, but meals are soo unbalanced and soooo heavy I am so looking forward to being reacuainted with my own diet again.

I'm thankful for a lot everyday but I'll talk about it now for being Thanksgiving. I am thankful to have an awesome family who supports me being abroad and always inspire me to follow my own path and work hard. I'm thankful for a GREAT host family and a lot of love away from home. I am thankful that I've been able to travel to some really cool places while I've been here. I am thankful for all of the people and friends I've met while I've been here. I am thankful that I'm healthy enough to enjoy beautiful runs while I am abroad. I'm thankful to be coming home soon having gained a lotttttt. I'm thankful for everyone that helped me do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment