Friday, November 26, 2010

Feliz día de acción de gracias :)

I was a little nervous about Thanksgiving dinner in Perú, but it turned out to be amazing!! My profesor let me leave from class early to make it to dinner (almost in time) and everyone brought a dish to our feast. I prepared a salad with walnuts, roasted pears, blue cheese, baby greens & pear vinagarette... it was a definite hit. Our director ordered a turkey and apple pie and other people brought pumpkin pie (someone shipping puree), casseroles, vegetables and other desserts. Dinner was DELICIOUS! And I definitely stuffed my face.. it was a true American meal, and I am very THANKFUL to have been able to have such a wonderful dinner and celebrate even in Perú :) My favorite was Claire's sweet potatoes and nuts dish, yummm.



Tonight the IFSA group is going to have a "cena de despedida", a going away dinner. We are going to a nice place where they have traditional peruvian cuisin and folkloric dance shows to entertain you. I'm really excited!! I've been wanting to see a peruvian dance performance, it should be a lot of fun.

The rest of my weekend is full of studying and paper writing and presentation preparing as finals week is coming up starting Monday. But all this just means it's almost time to come home, and with all of the christmas hype here, I cannot wait to see my family & friends again and share everything I learned and be reacquainted with my favorite country.

Perú es lo máximo, pues.

No comments:

Post a Comment