Friday, August 13, 2010

school, project, real world

this morning I met with the program coordinator, Laura, to talk about what classes and kind of work im interested in doing here.. this is making me really excited! because after talking about possible independent research ideas with her, I dont feel completely guilty for going abroad where credits dont transfer for my major.. i think my individual project is going to be interviewing and working with a tutor in the business of exporting fair trade coffee from peru and local organic product coffee shops.. or i am also looking in to working with microbusinesses here in Lima. i have a week or two to do some research and decide.. im also thinking of taking an econ class here to learn a different perspective relative to my major and also to become acquainted with more business vocabulary in spanish... my other class is going to be something along the lines of human resources, international affairs, quechua or cosmology, or ecoturism..... i have to figure out when i can fit in these different classes.

also..... i think im going to take a class to learn how to play the panflute and hopefully if i have time, a latin dance class too!! yayyyy :) i'll be dancing like shakira in no time..

tonight the group is going on a tour of the city by bus and then to a park with water fountains and light shows...

after throwing up, getting lost, having my credit card rejected and feeling lowsy yesterday, today is already much better!

annddd tomorrow i think im going to a site outside of the city with Aditi (a really awesome girl in my program from India) and Brandon (a really interesting and fun guy in my program)where there are waterfalls and nature! yesss, a break from the noisy city before classes start on monday!!!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment