Sunday, August 15, 2010

fun and frustrations

So last night the whole group (well, almost) went to Barranco to dance and get out on a Saturday night.. this is the bohemian neighborhood that I blogged about before.. the night was really fun, we did a lot of dancing and got to drink Cusquena, one of Peru's best beers (mmmm). It was fun, but a lot of the people were kinda creepy... Then today my brother told me we went to the cruddy part of Barranco, so obviously next time we'll have to explore to find something better. Still, the night was fun. I danced with a guy from Argentina.. he was kinda creepy though, too.. so it didn't last long.

My brain is started to reject spanish comprehension these past two days.. I don't know why I feel like I am brain dead right now.. and classes start tomorrow, so I'm really nervous. I'm ready for classes to start because I want to stop feeling like I'm not sure what to do, a routine will be good, getting into the swing of things.. Although I am nervous for workloads in Spanish and completely unthrilled about the public transportation to get to campus.. at least the campus is beautiful and comforting once I get there. I'm sure I'll get used to the combis, it just takes time.

This week at school all of the international students get to just go to different classes to see which ones they're comfortable registering for.. good thing because we can get a sneek peak, bad thing because I'll probably just about live on campus this week. Our two program courses start officially tomorrow for us though, Spanish (intensive course) and Peruvian Social Reality.. one starts at 10am and the other is from 6 to 9pm... sooooo every monday I'll just be on campus all day..

My laptop broke, and that's also very frustrating. Just one day broke. WHYYYY when I am in Peru.... just my luck, not gonna sweat it though, maintaining positive thoughts.

I'm not homesick yet, which is good.. but I already can tell the things I'll be excited to have back in my life.. my comfortable bed!!!!!!!, my best friends and AMERICAN COFFEE... coffee here is so strong, I can't figure out what kind I like.. Oh, and this is pathetic.. but pizzaaaaaa... there's nowhere to just get a slice around here!?

No comments:

Post a Comment