Friday, September 10, 2010

so i dont know who has been keeping up with my blog, but remember my last story about how i asked for someone hot on my sandwich? (2 posts ago i think).. welllllll, turns out when you say caliente, hot, referring to a person.. that actually means someone horny. So I was asking for someone horny... EPIC FAIL.

wednesday night I was sitting at my desk at home studying for a test the next day and my grandmother comes in with a fresh apple, hands it to me and says "una manzana bonita como ti".. a pretty apple like you! it's little things like this that make me appreciate living with a host family :) today i was skyping my parents and they met my grandma via skype.. she was so excited to tell my host mom that she met them, it was really neat. I remember skyping with selenia, fila and nora's families and now it's fun to be on the other side of things. then tonight i was hanging out with my grandma and she was teaching me spanish jokes, she's so great!

It's also cool living with a host family because I learn a lottt of random vocabulary, like magnifying glass and hunchback. loll.

this morning i went for another wonderful run along the coast :) and then pigged out on pizza with my IFSA group at our meeting to discuss travel plans to Cuzco!! I am so excited to see this part of the country, and Macchu Pichu. What a blessing this semester is :)

Next week I have to write my first paper in spanish, 6 pages. I would've thought that was a lot a month ago, but now I feel a lot more confident to do it..

Also the other day I was at a coffee shop near my house and the waiter asked me if I was from chile?.. like I have a chilean accent or something? Idno what that was about.

It's starting to warm up here, especially during the day. Though evenings are still sooo chilly and humid! But, things are looking up! Birds are chirping more and Lima seems a lot more welcoming on a nice day.

Big hug from South America xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment