Wednesday, September 22, 2010

LIMA :( CUZCO :)

recent thoughts:

1. i'm still loving my fair trade project and wish I had more time to dedicate to it. anyways, next interview is with the director of the CECOVASA cooperative.. very excited. my tutor, David, told me he has to make a trip to Puno or northern PerĂº sometime soon and that I should and probably can come with him to get a real glance into where the fair trade money goes and how it helps, etc. and the coffee process.. this could be an AWESOME experience :)

2. i still HATE (strong word) Peruvian Social Reality. of course the prof would tack on an analytical essay for our trip to Cuzco... BLAH, kind of sick of learning about Peru.... that's not a good thing, right? its just too much history and politics beyond my interest.

3. TRAFFIC IN LIMA IS THE WORST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Took me almost 2 hours to get home today. worst. day. ever. LITERALLY. since ive been here.

4. going to cuzco tomorrow... REALLY excited but not as much as I should be because this is a group venture and I get really frustrated with group outings and constant tours and be here at this time and there at this time and we are doing this all together, etc. it's exhausting. BUT MACCHU PICHU WILL BE AMAZING :)

5. peruvians LOVE to jip people in line.

6. NONE OF THE 3 PRINTERS ON CAMPUS WERE WORKING TODAY. this is a university.. come on.

i sound really pessimistic in this post.. but EVERYTHING IN PERU IS SUCH A PROCESS. and it's annoying. and i have a lottttt of work piling up.

blah.


Will update after Cuzco probably a lot more relaxed and at ease :)

No comments:

Post a Comment