Wednesday, September 15, 2010

beautiful life

I've had a great 2 days since my last post.

Yesterday I went for a great run along the coast, relaxed and stretched at Parque del Amor, and ran back home. I think thats my favorite route. It's a good distance along the shore and the perfect place to look around and relaxxxxx. The walls of the park are murals of colored tiles and quotes about love and friendship. It's really beautiful.



Today I was on campus for one class, took a short nap and did work for RSP (worst class ever.. in my opinion) and went to see Cirque de Soliel: Quidam with my host mom and grandma!!! IT WAS AMAZING. I can't even try to put it into words beyond saying it's the most beautiful, amazing, indescribable thing I've ever witnessed in my life. What a blessing that I had the chance to see it! I'd wanted to for years. We went with my host mom's great friend and her kids.. when we got there we realized we had better seats than we'd payed for.. that's because my host mom's friend who collected the money to buy the tickets ended up buying everyone a better seat so we could all sit together closer to the front.. it was sooooooo amazing. I had a GREAT night!

Busy weekend ahead of me.. a 6 page paper on missionaries in Ecuador in the 19th century.. hmmm.... and more work for my project which is interesting to me.. and hopefully this weekend I'll be celebrating Mexican independence day with mexican food and coronassss with some people in my program and getting a mani/pedi for S./25 (25 Soles).. which is like $8 for both... TOTAL. I could get used to the cost of living here..

Hope everyone at home is enjoying fall.. I'm missing pumpkin flavors, hoodie season and colorful leaves. But hey, at least the sun is coming out more here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment