Sunday, September 5, 2010

by the way...

I forgot to include a few noteworthy things in my last post.

1. we're going to cuzco near the end of September for 4 days.. I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS, though I really wish we had more time to spend there already, there's so much I want to do there. One of the things we are doing is visiting an orphanage where the children live and learn and don't leave. I imagine it will be rewarding to meet them and I imagine they will enjoy our visit, considering we are so foreign to them never leaving the village. anyways, we have the opportunity to "adopt" children.. which means bringing them supplies like shoes, toys, hygenic items and warm clothes, because it is cold there. I have decided to adopt two sisters, and I feel so priveledged to have the opportunity to meet these girls and feel like I can contribute something to make their life more comfortable and I think we'll probably learn more from them than they will from us, but the experience will be enriching. Here is a picture of my girls, the Maria sisters on the top.



2. Friday morning grammar classes have started.. I think they're going to help me improve a lot and the teacher is a volunteer. She's so lively and sweet, I think it'll be a good semester with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment